The premise of the aquarium maintenance business is to take care of aquariums that people either already own, that you sell to them or you lease to them. This can be in residences or businesses.
- Cleaning algae from the glass and decorations.
- Testing the water and making adjustments.
- Changing a percentage of the water.
- Cleaning the filter.
- Checking the health of the fish.
- Filling the automatic fish feeder.
- Troubleshoot any problems that arise.
This is can be done on a weekly, bi-weekly or monthly basis and is determined by the aquarium type, where it is located, how prominent it is or the needs of the customer.
A person can easily add this business to their current job or to their portfolio of other side businesses.
Different types of aquariums are:
- Freshwater – fish from lakes, streams and rivers of the world. Fish from warmer climates are called tropical fish. Ones from colder climates are cold water fish.
- Saltwater – fish from the oceans and seas of the world. They need salt added to the water to mimic ocean water.
- Reef – a type of saltwater aquarium that contains live corals and the specialized equipment to keep them alive.