If you’re looking for a starter aquarium for your kids or trying to find something different to get the aquarium enthusiast in your life, here’s a few of my picks. I use all of these tools in my maintenance business and would be lost without them!
- Desktop Aquarium – Here is my pick, why and how to take care of it.
- Magnetic Algae Scraper for Glass Tanks – One of the easiest and quickest ways to clean the aquarium glass without getting your hands wet. This one floats and has detachable metal blades for tough algae on glass tanks.
- Magnetic Algae Scraper for Acrylic Tanks – Same as above except for acrylic tanks.
- Extendable Algae Scraper – Cleans algae in hard to reach places and extends longer for deeper tanks.
- Python Water Changer Hose – This device hooks up to a sink faucet to quickly aid in vacuuming the gravel, changing the water and refilling. Measure how far it is to the nearest sink with an aerator that can be removed and purchase the appropriate length.
- Extension Tube for the Python Water Changer – This is a longer tube for aquariums 29 gallons and larger. It helps to keep from getting your hands as wet.
- Python Porter – holds the water changer hose neatly when not in use.
- Automatic Fish Feeder – Automatically feeds the fish when you have a busy schedule or are away for a few days. This one works well for flake food and this one works well for pellet food.
- Gerber MP400 Compact Sport Multi-Plier Stainless – I use these ALL of the time in my maintenance business! I never leave home without them!
- The Aquarium Maintenance Guide – this is my ebook on how an aquarium works and how to properly maintain it. Use the code 30OFF2019 to get 30% off of the price. Get it here.
Hopefully there’s something here that will help with the maintenance task on someone’s aquarium. They are all quality products that I use on a daily basis so they’re not the junk that’s prevalent online these days. Most of these are affiliate links, so clicks through here are appreciated!
Have a Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!